Sunday, May 08, 2011

2 Years, 7 Months

Elijah,

This month can be summed up in one word: Rain.

We’ve been stuck inside, trying to think of ways to pass the time that did not include watching TV. We play Big Truck. We Play Cars (on the coffee table, and on the kitchen floor). He have dance parties upstairs, and dance parties downstairs. We play with Play-doh. We play with Legos. We read A LOT of books. And, when we’re all out of ways to stay busy, we play Big Pillows.

a lot of hair


On those handful of days where it didn’t rain, we spent time outside in the back yard. Mommy and Daddy are working hard on getting grass to grow back there this year. Regardless, you’ve LOVED running around back there. Your favorite activity is finding Big Rocks to throw into the puddles that have formed at the back of our property. “Where’s more Big Rocks, Mommy?” is all I hear while we’re back there. And believe me, until we get grass to come in a little more, there will be an abundance of Big Rocks to throw.

Eli looking outside


You’ve really started singing a lot over the last month. It started with Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star. One morning, you were finishing up your snack at the kitchen table, while I was in the family room cleaning. I stopped to hear you singing the first line of the song over and over again. It was the sweetest thing ever. A week or two later, you’re now singing your ABC’s. You’re doing a pretty good job of it, too. You’re learning the Itsy Bitsy Spider, as well as making up your own songs.

Eli so sweet


We’ve been working on shapes a little over the last few months. Your favorite shape to point out now is an octagon. We were shopping at Hobby Lobby earlier this month, and you kept saying, I see Octagon, Mommy?” I wasn’t sure what you were talking about, until I looked up and saw that at the end of each aisle, there’s a little stop sign. It blows me away, how smart you are.

Rocketship pants


We celebrated Easter very quietly this year. The Easter Bunny left you a nice little basket, and hid eggs throughout the first floor of the house. It was a lot of fun watching you run around to find them. You also REALLY enjoyed the candy that came inside. We don’t usually have many sweets in the house, so you haven’t really been exposed to them. BUT WHOA, did you make up for that on Easter. Jelly beans and M&M’s. You were wired for hours. I’m thankful that Halloween is still 5 months away.

I run my big truck


I’ve been having a hard time over the last couple of weeks. I’ve been really missing my Mommy and Daddy. I sat here thinking about how when you lose your parents, you really lose a part of your history. You lose all of the little things. You lose the way it’s told. And then I realized that is exactly why I write these letters. I don’t want you to ever wonder about those little things - when you first started walking, when you first started talking. You may not think so now, or twenty years from now, but those things will be important. I want to make sure you have the best record you can, when I am no longer here to share those stories with you or your future family.

Like Mother Like Son


I love you bunches, Buster.
Love, Mommy.

No comments: