Tuesday, June 07, 2011

2 Years, 8 Months

Eli -

Where did this month go?

Much of this month has been spent outside. We began the month touring different parks around the area. Sure, we have a park right here, a stones throw from our front yard. But, sometimes Mommy just needs to get in the car and drive. Heck, sometimes YOU need to get in the car and ride. We hit up a few, but two of them immediately stood out to you, and we’ve hit them both a few times since. When we pull into the parking lot, you get so excited and exclaim that “I LIKE dis park!!” You like them so much, that I have to bribe you to get in the car to go home for lunch!

Looking down on Mommy


We went on a trip this month. Over Memorial Day weekend, we drove down to Tennessee where a big group of our friends hang out. We rode down with another family - and you were spoiled having a DVD player to watch movies on. I have to say, that while I am mostly Anti-Minivan, it was very nice to have all of that room and entertainment to keep you happy for the drive.

IMG_9629 02


It wasn’t your first trip to Tennessee. The first time you went, you were only 8 months old. I have to admit that we had a lot more fun this time around... You didn’t care much for your life jacket (just like the first time) but you did enjoy the boat. We couldn’t get you into the lake to swim, but hopefully after another year at the pool, and a couple rounds of swim lessons, you’ll be ready to try it next time.

IMG_9639 02


In fact, over the last week, we have spent hours at the pool each day. I had to ease you into the water the first day, but now you’re a pro at getting in and out of the water. We just need to get used to sharing our toys with the other kids at the pool. I am sure that will come with time.

Pool Boy


Your love for singing has only grown this month. You’ve added several songs to your list, most notably “Happy Birthday.” A few days before Daddy’s birthday, I started singing the song to you. I sang it a few times in a row, and you listened intently. That evening, I asked you if you could remember what I was trying to teach you to sing, and you just started belting it out. You love the song so much, you still sing it! And, you’ve even switched it up and sang it to Mommy, too!

IMG_9618


Daddy’s been gone on a business trip for the last couple of days. It’s the first time you’ve been away from him for longer than a day. It nearly breaks my heart when you say, “Mommy, I missing Daddy.” I wish I could help you understand that he’ll be back in a few days, but I know you don’t quite understand that yet. I just tell you that I miss him too. We’ll both be glad come Friday.

IMG_9583 edit


I can't believe another month is gone. Watching you grow up is amazing. I feel so lucky to be your Mommy!

Love you, Buster.
Mommy

No comments: