Ok. I know that I start every month's letter by saying something about how fast this month has gone. But, wow. Where did this month go??
This month, we decided that it was time to take you to get your second haircut. It was hard for Mommy to come to that point, because your hair is just so darn cute. It seems like it took a while for your hair to fill in, but now you've got a head full. And those curls? As your Grandpa Baker would say: Fahgettaboutit.

You pretty much hated the whole process, except for the balloon you received after you were done. That more than made up for the torture we put you through. You played with it in the car. You dragged it all through the house. You loved your new toy. Too bad the balloon didn't last more than a day. (It's ok, though. Mommy bought some a week later for you to play with.)

I swear you've grown another inch, maybe two, in the last month. It seems like every other day I look at you, you're taller. Where has my baby gone?! I can't even hold you like I did only 12 months ago. It makes me both sad and happy to see you getting so big.
We finally got all of the boxes moved out of the front room, and all of the furniture is in it's place. A lot of your toys are now in there, and you spend most of your days running between rooms. It's so peaceful to sit in there and watch you play.

Your obsession with bubbles has grown this month. We were at the park one afternoon, when a family brought their bubble machine for all of the kids to play with. You were So Excited. Mommy went out a few days later to buy a little bubble gun. We spend some evenings out on the back deck watching you run around in circles, chasing bubbles around. I love how happy you are, running and jumping and grabbing for them.

The neighborhood pool opened a couple of weekends ago. I've been looking forward to being able to walk to the pool for a while now. I was hoping that you'd take right to it this year, since you seemed to enjoy it last year. I was wrong. We've been twice in the last few days, and each time you just cried and cried. I have vowed to keep taking you until you love it. We may even sign up for some swim lessons in a few weeks. I so desperately want you to love swimming as much as I do.

Over Memorial Day weekend, we were able to head outside and watch the jets fly over the house as they waited until time to head down to the track. At first, you weren't too impressed. But now, every time you hear a plane flying over, you run to a window and start pointing. So exciting.

I started working again last week. Having been out of work for almost a year, it was time that I get back out there. But it broke my heart to leave you again. I have cried each day I've dropped you off. Even writing this paragraph is giving me a lump in my throat. I know this is going to be good for you, though. It will be good for all of us. It will just take some getting used to. You've done very well, but there isn't a time during the day that I am not thinking of you. I know that will never change, because I love you so much.

You amaze me every day.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment