Saturday, May 08, 2010

19 Months

Elijah,

The majority of this month has been spent making our new house a home. You’ve made the transition beautifully. Your room is mostly put together, although there are still some toys to be unpacked. You seem to really like the new house. You love the stairs in the living room, and that you can run back and forth between the kitchen and living room.

We're Home

Because of the move, we had to give you your Easter basket a little late. It had lots of fun little toys in it, but you seemed more interested in the basket. I laughed so hard as I looked up from the phone and saw you putting the basket on your head. You've done it a few times since. It's never not funny.

Eli's Easter Basket - a couple of weeks late

Now that we are in the new house, we’ve been able to take advantage of living so close to the neighborhood park. When I ask you if you want to go play, you get all excited and start running around. I can ask you to grab your shoes so we can go, and you’ll start yelling “shees, shees.” Once you find them, you bring them to me and sit on my lap so I can put them on you. You’ve even brought me my shoes, too!

While we’re at the park, you love climbing up and down the slides. But your favorite thing to do is swing. It’s the first thing you run to when you get out of the stroller. There have been several fits thrown when we get you out of the swing. You get over it, though.

IMG_5965 crop

You’ve really enjoyed sitting at the kitchen table to color this month, too. There have been many mornings that we have sat at the table long after breakfast was gone so that you could color. You have made some beautiful artwork for Mommy and Daddy to hang on the refrigerator.

IMG_5936 02

One afternoon I made the mistake of showing you all of the bubbles in the sink while I was doing dishes. Now, any time I am anywhere near the sink, you come over whining “bubbles, bubbles.” You love to try to pick them up and blow them off of your hand. It’s so cute (even if it makes it hard for me to get the dishes done).

Eli's new favorite place to play.

After all of the screaming and crying you’ve done in bath-times past, I was worried about how you’d handle your new bath tub. It’s much larger than the tub in the last house. Maybe the last tub made you feel claustrophobic, because you seem to love baths even more in this tub. I have laughed so hard while you’re in there. You’ve started to, ahem, pass gas during your baths. Each time, you look up at me with a huge smile and your face and just giggle. I’m waiting for you to realize that there are bubbles that follow.

I had to leave you and daddy behind again so that I could come spend time with your Grandma Baker. I had just stepped off of the plan when I called Daddy to let him know I arrived safely. That’s when he told me that you figured out that you could pull out the chairs at the kitchen table, and climb up on them. Soon, you’ll figure out that you can move the chairs over to the counter. Soon, NOTHING will be safe.

IMG_5990 02

While I was in Kansas City, we Skyped for a little while. It had been two days since I saw your little face. It was so great to hear your voice and hear you say “mama.” It’s hard to be so far away from both you and Daddy. Grandma was even able to get in her wheelchair and watch you for a few minutes. Eli, she loves you so much. I brought along some photos of you for her, and while it was hard for her to focus for too long, I know she loved seeing you, and I know she is very proud of you.

19

Daddy and I are proud of you, too. We love you so very much, Eli.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: