This is as close to the hot air balloon as we got. Darnit.
This weekend, our community had a little "festival." one of the draws was "free" hot air balloon rides. So, we had everyone over and headed down to the park. as we were standing in line for the ride, watching them blow up the balloon, the guy announced that unless you signed up at 1pm with a donation, there was no way you would be making it on the balloon this year.
what?!?! (i am not bitter or anything)

So, I bet you are wondering why I said it's not a good idea to boil habaneros.
The other day, David came home with a bag full of peppers. Tonight, we decided to give homemade habanero dipping sauce a try. He started deseeding them (because that's where the heat lives, HA). I took pictures, and put the water on to boil.
A few minutes after dropping them into the water, i started to cough. I didn't think anything of it. The itch in my throat just kept getting worse. David started coughing too. I could start feeling a little bit of a tingle in my mouth and nose... So did David. He started sneezing, and my nose was runny like crazy. It was like we snorted them whole...,
Who knew that those dinky little peppers could contaminate the air sooo bad that we had to open all of the windows and go sit out on the porch for a while?
It's been about an hour since the incident. My throat still itches, but not near as bad. David's eyes aren't quite as puffy as they were. Poor Baby. :(
So Please, whatever you do, NEVER BOIL HABANEROS WITHOUT PROTECTION. full body armor probably wouldn't hurt.
Sheesh.
On a lighter note... My job is going very well. I have been so incredibly busy, but I love it. I have learned so much, and it's such a unique organization. It's so amazing to hear the kids talk about their sobriety.
p.s. happy 15th D. Y
3 comments:
Seeing how the internet has EVERYTHING, perhaps there's some site where you can voice the dangers of boiling habaneros and how life threatening it can be. Maybe it could make national news! You could be a hero to some poor soul!
Might I also add what beautiful habaneros they are too!
Aunt Stace
Happy 1 year on Sunday!!! Hope you have a great day!! Let me know how your cake tasted. Ours was a little stale.
Post a Comment