This could be the last letter I write you when it’s just the three of us. The odds of that are slim, but it could just be that I write your 3 and a half year letter while at the hospital with your baby brother. I can’t believe that it’s getting so close, and that our days as family of three are numbered.
This month started out with us introducing the potty to you. We’ve ditched the diapers, but are now stuck on pull-ups. The first week or so, we did great sitting on the potty. You’ve yet to actually GO on the potty. I’ve tried a few different tricks (the biggest being bribery with new Squinkies), but to no avail. I know it will happen when you are ready, but I am ready now. So, yesterday I made a deal with you. When you do go potty like a big boy, we’ll throw a potty party - complete with cupcakes. That seemed to really get you excited. Hopefully now that things will die down again before your brother arrives, we can really focus on getting you to relax and just do it!
(I'll refrain from posting the cutest picture EVER of you sitting on the potty. We'll just keep that to ourselves. Until you meet someone and decide to settle down. Then, I'm busting it out and blowing it up - poster size.)
One afternoon, you watched Star Wars (Episode IV) with Daddy. It wasn’t the first time you’ve seen it, but you really paid attention this time. Since that time, you’ve had many “sword fights” with Darth Vader. It’s hilarious, because you will just start swinging your sword around and stop and let me know that you’re hitting Darth Vader. He seemed to really make an impression on you.

You’ve been REALLY into letters and numbers this month. You’ve started recognizing words, starting with ON and OFF (which you learned on your little computer). You get SO excited when you see a word you know anywhere - even if it’s just part of the word you see. Like OFFice. It makes me laugh every time. We’ve added IN, OUT, BIG, and BOOKS to your list of words you recognize. You also know how to spell your name, and are always curious as to what letter a word starts with. We play that game a lot, and many times I run out of words that start with...

One morning, Daddy had you in front of the fridge with your letter magnets. He helped you spell the word “Books” out. You read it out loud, and then stated “Wait. We need A LOT of books” and you added a couple of extra letters. It was too clever, and incredibly cute. You’re just too smart.

The biggest thing to happen this month is your room transformation. We painted both yours and Baby Brother’s rooms over the past couple of weeks, and we moved you out of the crib and into your big boy bed. Ever since I showed you the picture online of what it looked like, you’ve been SO excited to be able to have it all to yourself. After much work on Daddy’s part, we finally got it up this weekend. You’ve taken to it like a champ! That first climb into bed kinda broke my heart a little bit, because we’ve been putting you in bed every night since you were born. But, you’re a big boy now and you put yourself to bed. You’ve slept great in it; I’m so proud of you.

I love you forever and ever,
Mommy (That starts with "M")
No comments:
Post a Comment