I feel like in the past month you’ve really gone from being my baby to my little boy. It seems like you grow an inch a day. You are learning so much, so fast.

Up until now, you’ve only had one speed: Running. This month, you’ve started jumping. Both feet off of the ground. You love to hop everywhere. You love to jump off the bottom step in the family room (Which is ok, until you decide to move up to the second step...).

It has become more and more apparent that you are nearing your second birthday. I am not sure who decided to call it the Terrible Twos, because they should really be called the Terrible-almost-twos-threes-and-fours. I know that part of the problem is that you’re still struggling to tell us what you want, and when we don’t know, you get frustrated. Seeing you frustrated makes me frustrated. Some day, daddy’s going to come home to both of us throwing a fit on the floor. That’ll be a sight. (Don't worry... I haven't tried to take a picture of you throwing a fit. Yet.)

Mama Jo and Papa Po came to visit this month, and they came bearing books. You spent the majority of your time sitting next to Mama Jo on the couch, reading, reading, reading. They also brought along one of your Christmas gifts - a tunnel with two tents! I wasn’t sure how you’d react to it, but you’ve had so much fun playing in, out and around it.

Your vocabulary keeps growing every week. We’ve been working with some flash cards to learn letters and words. Your favorite card is “L” - Lemon. It’s so cute to hear you say lemon - and to watch you lick the card and pretend that you are tasting a lemon. Afterward, you pucker up and laugh. I love it.

You’ve become obsessed with Airplanes. We could be playing, reading, eating, swimming, anything, but you stop everything when you hear a plane. You love to run to the window and point outside. “Plane!!” you say. You love them so much, that when we have a hard time getting you to eat your veggies, we just pretend to fly them into your mouth. You even put stuff on your fork and fly it around and into your own mouth. That is pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Each month, your personality comes out a little more. You are the sweetest, funniest, craziest kid I know. I love watching you grow from being my baby to being my little boy.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment