Wednesday, November 11, 2009

13 Months

Eli,

I am a little late writing you this letter this month. Looking back over the past few weeks - your birthday party, Halloween - they're just a blur.

We celebrated your birthday with a small gathering. Just a few friends, and a ton of cupcakes. We ended up having a couple of house showings that day, but our friends Erin and Al came to the rescue. They offered to host the party at their house. It turned out to be a nice little party. Very laid back. Perfect, really.

Eli's birthday party!


We took you on your first Pumpkin Patch outing. It was a lot of fun watching you play in the hay bale maze. You probably would have spent the whole day running around if we had let you. You really enjoyed climbing through the actual pumpkin patch. You found a few pumpkins that were almost bigger than you. Next year, we'll let you pick a couple out to carve into Jack-o-lanterns. It will be so much fun!

Eli's first Pumpkin Patch experience


You got your first haircut this month. Oh, boy, were you unhappy. You've still got the faux-hawk, but the top isn't hanging down into your eyes anymore. It was so different looking at you in the hours and days after the haircut. You looked like such a big boy. A little kid.

Eli's first haircut


One of Daddy's coworkers invited us to attend his annual fall party. We bundled you up and headed south. It was a lot of great food, and a lot of exploring for you. They had some large trees in their yard - something you aren't used to seeing, since all of the trees around us are still young. The leaves were changing and falling to the ground. It was beautiful. I wish we had trees like that, so that we could watch you play every day.

Eli, Fall 09


We dressed you up for your second Halloween. You didn't like the costume the first time we put it on you, so I was worried that I spent money on something you were going to refuse to wear. I was wrong. There were a few times over the weekend that you brought it to us to put it on you. It was so cute. You made a perfect Yoda.

Trick or Treating, Yoda is...


Most everyone thought I would stop writing you these letters when you turned one. I had thought about it, but I enjoy thinking back over the things we do. I enjoy being able to go back over these months (and eventually years) down the line, remembering.

13 months old.


I think I'll stick with it for a while longer.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be a day when he treasures your letters from Mommy. I still have some of the silly letters your Dad and I wrote to each other. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Jonathan said...

What a cute guy there huh~I wondered how appreciate one day when he grown up.