Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekend Update.

well, I've really been a slacker this week. Eli's been home with me, which obviously consumes all of my time, and any down time I have has been spent trying to recover from the weekend.

Why are vacations so exhausting?

Today we had a babysitter for the majority of the afternoon. Dave and I have so much on our to do list, we jumped at the chance to have time to cross a few things off. So, we spent our day cleaning up the front yard. We're working hard to update the curb appeal of our home. Since I was not able to do much last year, we had a lot to catch up on. We actually started Saturday morning, while Eli napped. We trimmed the hedge on the side of the porch. It had grown SO tall over the last couple of years.

It could have swallowed Dave alive:

Taming the beast


It looks much better now:

tamed


Here's a shot of the landscaping after trimming the bushes, but before the new edging and mulch:

Before, sort of.


And after edging and adding fresh mulch today:

after


Here's a shot straight on. I should have used the wide angle lens:

curb appeal


We still have a few things to do yet, but it's looking pretty darn good right now, if I do say so myself.

No comments: