Thursday, January 24, 2008

The weather is here...

... and it's here to stay. The last couple of weeks the temperatures have been way below freezing. Currently it's 7 degrees, but the wind chill is well below zero. But can you really feel a difference when it's that cold?

We're gearing up for our 5th annual Groundhog Day party. It's on a Saturday this year, which gives us plenty of time to let the chili stew and get extra tasty. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I am not sure I can wait a week and 2 days. Until then, I'll just have to stare into this picture that we took over Christmas. Mmmmmmm.

Dave's Beer Chili

Other than that, life has been busy for us. What we think is going to be a restful weekend usually turns into running around here and there, visiting with friends, and surviving the Indiana winter. I, for one, will be happy when Spring comes around. Here's to a dark, cloudy day on February 2nd.

1 comment:

sunny said...

below 30 can only be described as 'holy sh*t its really f-n cold!'

physiologically speaking; anything below 30 you cant tell a difference.

Your mind shuts down into 'its really f-n cold' mode and numbers just dont matter.

and its funny b.c gloves dont keep your hands warm at that point. seriously, watch people b.c they immediatly stick them in their crotch. must be the warmest place in the world... ones crotch.

hmmm. interesting.