Wednesday, November 08, 2006

V is for Victory

For the last couple of months, Dave and I have been participating in a recreational volleyball league (though it seems as if the other teams aren't so much recreational as they are professional, but who am I to complain?). Our record this season has been disappointing, but we have all had a lot of fun (except for one game. I refuse to post about that. If you don't know the story, you are just out of luck. I can hear you laughing, Dad). Each night it is best 2 out of 3, and most nights, we were lucky if we got one win.

Tonight was the first game of the playoffs. We all went into the game thinking - well, at least we tried, right??? Let me just say that our team played more than awesome tonight.


DWA


Our first game? We lost. but it was 15/13... we put up a great fight. We are hitting the ball, and most of the time it makes it over the net.
The second game? we WON 15/13! (can I say WOW!)
At the beginning of the third game, we have a little set back. Things aren't going so well. The other team had called us on a few shots, which is very discouraging. I have to admit, though, I am happy. We won (WON!!) one. That's pretty darn great, if I do say so myself. The score is 14/3, and they need one more point to win. We thought for sure we were goners. Miraculously, we earn the serve We scored a handful of points against them. Soon, we knock it out of bounds on our side. By this point the game isn't a blow out, and we were happy because we now have the chance to bow out gracefully. We aren't totally going down in flames. Once again, they lose the serve, and the ball is back on our side of the court! So, here we are. Back in the game. It continued back and forth for a few serves, but each time they blow it.
We won. 16/14. We had 13 unanswered points. We totally deserve a trophy, or something!

Yay us!

No comments: