Friday, October 27, 2006

Will it EVER END??

As most of you know, this Sunday marks the end of Daylight savings time for the year. (if you don't know, then this is your friendly reminder to dial those clocks back an hour!) Apparently, Hoosiers aren't able to let go of the fact that our state participates in DST. (remember??)

Here is a short blurb I found on IndyStar.com today:
I'm not clear who benefits from Eastern daylight-saving time other than the businessmen sitting in their safe offices whose markets now line up with those in New York.
Eastern DST is unsafe for Indiana's schoolchildren. It's pitch black when my 12-year-old granddaughter walks along a deserted street to catch her 6:30 a.m. school bus.
Putting children at risk so that markets line up with New York is not only inexcusable, it isn't necessary. In the afternoon children exit the school bus in a group and walk directly home. Darkness in the late afternoon is much less dangerous than in the morning.
With DST my life is out of rhythm with nature. Please, either switch us to Central DST or eliminate DST in Indiana.
Sue Dillon
Carmel


Now, sure, it would be great to be on central time. This summer, it was still bright at 10pm. If we had been on central time, I wouldn't have been up - wide awake - until midnight every night. But, I have to agree with this guy. It's time to quit whining about DST. (but does whining about whining count?? - I think not.)

AND?? It's Almost November. :)

No comments: