Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday has never felt soo good :)

I just got back from Merrillville, IN (which is only 40 minutes away from the Chicago skyline)...

What was I doing there??? Well, if you don't already know, I am at a new job--- a sales job (gasp-- I know). I am going to be selling insurance to (mainly) senior citizens. Click here to check us out!

In order to sell insurance, I had to pass the licensing exam. I was supposed to originally take the exam last Thursday, before the trainings started. But, my brain decided that it was going to take the day off that day. As I pulled up to the testing center, I realized that I didn't have the certificate that you HAVE HAVE HAVE to bring with you in order to even enter the testing room. :P SHEESH.

So, after a ton of venting to David, mom, and Denise (the office administrator at work) I attempted to reschedule my test. They listed the dates and locations to me, and I wanted to cry!!! TOday was the soonest i could get in, and it was only 2 and a half hours away!!! AT 9 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!! (we all know i am not a morning person). Luckily, they allowed me to take the trainings, even though I wasn't licensed.

Last night, David and I stayed in Lafayette (home of Purdue University). That just happened to be where my trainings have been over the last week, and halfway between Westfield and Merrillville. (and Dave lucked out too-- he scheduled a meeting in Lafayette for Friday morning.)

It's official, i have applied for my license, and should be receiving it next week (that is, of course, if I pass my background check HA)... I'm getting closer to makin' the big bucks :)


That's what's been going on around here.......

No comments: