Yet another month has flown by. Each month, when the seventh rolls around, I sit here and flip through photos we've taken. I use them for inspiration. I sift through them all. Each month I see so many changes. I cannot believe how much you've grown since the last letter. It just doesn't seem possible...

This month you've started to repeat more words when we say them. "Cackah" for Cracker. "Bah!" means Yo Gabba Gabba! - Your favorite show. "Dow" is both Done and Down - mostly used while you're in your highchair. "Cuck" is Duck - which you can point out in pictures and books. We are working hard on "up."
I noticed yesterday morning that you're cutting more teeth on the top side of your mouth - you'll soon be up to 14 teeth. That coupled with the ear infection we discovered this week, you've been mighty grumpy. But, you've also been very cuddly. We've been soaking it up.

Recently, you've really gotten into coloring. Mommy had her wisdom teeth pulled earlier this month, and Daddy brought her home some crayons and a coloring book. You and I have spent a lot of time since then drawing pictures for everyone. I think we have a budding artist on our hands!

Mommy had to leave for a few days, because your Grandma Baker was sick. For one week, it was just Daddy and Eli. I called several times a day to hear you joyfully playing in the background. I know Daddy took great care of you, but it was hard to be away from you for so long.

While Mommy was away, you learned that you could climb up onto the couch. Now we have to make sure that there is nothing on the end tables that you shouldn't have, because that's immediately where you go. Sometimes you like to get up there just to sit next to us. It's fun to sit next to you in the mornings while we're still waking up. You, sitting there, drinking your morning milk. It's so peaceful.

The past month has been pretty mellow for us all, compared to the previous six. Since we sold the house, we haven't had to do much. It's been nice to just relax on the weekends, instead of clean. That's not going to last much longer now that we have a month to get packed up and moved out.
I am sad to be leaving this house; our first house. The first house you called home. Where you learned to roll over, crawl, and walk. The stairs you learned to climb. The windows you love to look out. This house has been very good to us. But, Daddy and I are looking forward to getting into the new house. You'll have so much room to roam. We'll have a large yard for you to play in, and a pool and a park just down the street. I can't wait until we can walk to the park whenever we feel like it. I think you're going to love it. I hope that by the time I write your 18 Month letter, we'll be moving in and getting things unpacked. We'll see...

We love you, Little Man.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment