Oh, Eli. I don't even know where to begin.
Once again, I am a little late writing your letter. And I don't know what to write.
You see, this month has been insane. Out-and-about has become the new normal for us. Showings have kicked us out of the house every weekend. My head is spinning from it all.
For the first time in your life, I feel like I haven't taken enough pictures. My camera hasn't been within reach this month, but I promise to do better. I have a feeling we're about to have a little more time on our hands.

You've recently started to really boogie when you hear music. It's adorable, but I haven't been able to catch it on video yet. You really get into the heavy bass lines. Seeing you bob up and down is just about the cutest thing ever. You even enjoy singing along with Mommy on Beatles Rockband! (that's my boy!)

We celebrated Groundhog day a few days early this year, to accommodate you and your little friends. I think you really enjoyed being the center of attention, entertaining everyone. You also charmed everyone at the Super Bowl party we went to - which was good, because the commercials stunk, and the Colts ended up losing...
You've really become quite the climber. I spend my days asking you to get down, or pulling you off of your Tonka truck. Or the activity table. Or the parking garage. Or Daddy. Or Mommy. Soon you'll be able to climb up on the couch or the coffee table. When that day comes, I don't know what I'll do.

You're list of words is starting to grow. So far, you are saying Mama, Dada, Bye bye, Nana (Banana), door, dog!, ball. You have repeated Car, after I said it once, but that was it. You know where your shoes belong (on the stairs). You know what to do when we say "Time to brush your teeth," as well as when we ask you "where's your milk?" or "where's Eli's room?"

It's hard to think you're almost a year and a half. I don't know how that's possible. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. When I hold you in my arms and attempt to cradle you, you're so big. Before we know it, we won't be able to pick you up any more. So, I guess we need to snuggle as much as we can right now.
Love you, little man.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment