Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: The Year of Blah.

As I sit here typing this, we have less than 9 hours left in '09. Less than 9 hours left in the decade. I am trying to think of all of the wonderful things that happened for us this year, but I am drawing a blank.

I keep seeing statuses on facebook about how glad we'll be when 2010 comes, and how horribly sucky 2009 has been. Other than watching Eli grow and learn and become a little boy (which is an awesome experience), I agree with general blah-ness of '09.

Perhaps it's just the fact that for most of the year, we've been working on getting into a new house, and we have nothing yet to show of it. Or the fact that I lost my job in July, and am still applying and hoping.

But, then I begin to think about all of the things we've experienced with Eli over the year, and I begin to smile again. Just thinking about all of the firsts makes all of the struggles melt away.

Tonight, after Eli goes to bed, Dave and I plan on ringing in the New Year quietly. After all of the ups and downs over the past 365 days, I am ok with that.

Here's to 2010, and to the hope that it brings.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Hey, even BLAH can be a good experience. Don't let the perspective bring you down. Even the negative stuff on the house will be memories and will make the memories special also.

And hey, Eli got to get back to KC twice and see his Great Uncle Lou. Maybe more special for me than him, but special none the less.