Tuesday, July 07, 2009

9 Months

Eli,

You've had a very busy ninth month. You've become so mobile now, that mommy and daddy have had to completely block you in to the living room area of the house with gates, chairs, toy bins - you name it, we've tried it. I have no doubt that I'll be writing about you taking your first steps soon. We've caught you standing on your own quite a few times recently - you've also figured out that you can walk behind your activity table if you push it around the room. I think it's time for us to invest in a walking toy...

trapped

You came down with your first ear infection this month. One Saturday you just didn't seem like your normal happy self. You were refusing to eat, crying every time you saw the bottle. Towards the end of the day, we broke down and took you to MedCheck. Sure enough, you had an ear infection. I've never been so worried about you in your short little life as I was that weekend. I was so happy when, after a couple of days of antibiotics and ear drops, my cheerful little man returned.

Eli doesn't like to be sick.

Just a few days after that, your Mama Jo came to visit you again. You were so funny that first night. Daddy, Mama Jo, and I were sitting around watching you react to your visitor. You kept crawling around and sitting, turning around in circles that night. I am not sure what you were doing, but you made me dizzy.

IMG_1092v2

On Friday, June 19th, we took you to Buca Di Beppo in honor of what would have been your Grandpa Baker's 62nd birthday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how badly I wish he was still around so he could have met you. I know he is always looking down on us, but I would have loved to have seen you interact with him. Sometimes, I look at you and I see him. He was a pretty cool guy, Eli. I can't wait until you are old enough to hear all of the stories I have to share.


That weekend, we also celebrated Daddy's first Father's Day. We went out for a delicious dinner at Rock Bottom. You were flirting with all of the tables around us - they all thought you were adorable. You've become a pro at sitting in the restaurant high chairs. You've even started to feed yourself food - and you enjoy it so much that you refuse to eat any other way. Stinker.

crunchies are good

You went swimming in a pool for the first time, too. I have to admit, I was a little worried about how you were going to react to the water. There are times during baths where you act like you hate the water (which makes Mommy sad, because she loves to swim!). But, the moment we got in the water, you started smiling. You even splashed mommy a little bit. I can't wait to do it again.

Eli and mommy

We took you to the neighborhood playground and put you on a swing. You were pretty indifferent at first, but after some big pushes, you started to chuckle. I think you enjoyed it, we'll definitely have to try it again soon.

baby's first swing ride

I know that from now on out, our lives are going to be busy, busy, busy. But, Buster, Daddy and I are loving every minute of it!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

sunny said...

you totally have to tell him the crabs story. *sigh* that was a classic.

sunny said...

oh oh oh! and the phone cards to God! okay that was a your mom, dad, you and me story...but it sure was funny!