Wow. I can't believe you are 5 months old now, little man. You're growing so big, mommy can hardly carry you. Before we know it, you'll be graduating from high school, and entering your first year at K-State!

You're getting pretty good at sitting up with support... I don't think it will be long until you are able to do it all by yourself. You've outgrown your bouncer because every time we put you in it now, you strain to pull yourself up.

You've also got tummy time down pat. You are a pro at rolling over in either direction - we were surprised the first time you purposely rolled over to your belly, because you usually hate it. I think you've figured out that being on your belly makes it easier to get around, and have even started to army crawl! Daddy and I better start baby-proofing!


Your new favorite game is Peek-a-boo. You give us huge smiles when we pull the blanket away, and sometimes you'll even give us a chuckle!
We've been giving you solid food regularly now. Every night you get a little bit of rice cereal, and here in the last few nights we've introduced some Sweet Potatoes. The first night, you looked at us like "what in the world did you just put in my mouth?" but each night you've eaten a little bit more. Next up: Peas (much to mommy's dismay).

You seem to be working hard on getting some teeth. You are constantly drooling, and are only happy when there is something in your mouth.

Last week, Daddy and I decided it was time to start sleep training. You've been waking us up several times throughout the night since Christmas (too many times for mommy to count many nights). You must have been just as tired as we were, because it only took one night for you to figure it all out. The second night, you slept for 11.5 hours. Mommy feels like a new person, I've slept more in the last week than I have in the last month!

I know I say this every month, but I really can't believe how fast these 5 months have gone. You have changed so much. Daddy and I were going through the pictures of you after you were born, and I can't believe you were ever that small. (But really, you weren't ever that small, hehehe. You're mommy's little Chunk.)

Love you,
Mommy
2 comments:
To my daughter, son-in-law and youngest grandson. You made my day! He just grows cuter each day.
Thanks for sharing I really look forward to seeing all the pictures.
Love you Plenty Much,
Mom
He is beautiful! Can't believe how much he has changed in such a short time. I know how much fun it is around your house now. Nothing like a little one to ensure no more boredom. Hope to see you all this summer.
Blessings,
Sheila
Post a Comment