...Our Tree is up and decorated. I struggled finding a home for a few new ornaments this year. But, they made it on, and each time I pass the tree I will be overcome with memories.
Tonight Dave and I sat down to make a list. Which stores to hit when. What to buy where. We sat brainstorming what perfect gift to give to those special to us. Then we realized we just don't know. Sure, there's always a gift card to their favorite store, but honestly - where's the fun in that? We need help, people. Throw us a bone. Or just email us a list. Either one would be better than what we've got now. :)
While normally this time of year is a joyous one in our home; this week has been extra hard. In between Thanksgiving and Christmas lies my birthday. Usually a happy day, this time around I am dragging my heels. Not because I am a year older (though that does kind of stink), but because this is the first year without a birthday call from my Daddy. I know I'll make it through the day. I'll be surrounded by friends and family, but his voice will be deeply missed.
This year we plan on celebrating the day the German way. A little shopping at the Christkindl Market followed by some schnitzel, spaetzle and apflestrudel. My mouth is watering just thinking about it... (ooh, if only they had flammkuchen. then we'd be in heaven.)
We will try to post some pictures of the decorations (and of the food) later this weekend.
Until Then.
No comments:
Post a Comment